We want to see the Pantone Spring 2013 Fashion Color Report come to life! For this contest, your piece must feature at least one of the 10 colors in the fashion report. While we’re not looking for exact color matches, shades should be similar to those released in the report and should be a prominent feature of your design.
Send a photo of your finished piece to us by 4PM PT on Tuesday, April 9th, with your name, title of your piece, email address, color(s) referenced, country of residence and an optional description of your piece in the body of your email.
The Beadaholique team will select a list of finalists who will have their work published in our Beader’s Blog, in the next issue of The Beading Wire and on the Beadaholique Facebook page for public voting. Two winners, one domestic and one international, will each receive a $100 Beadaholique gift certificate and further exposure on our blog and Facebook page! An Editor’s Pick chosen from the remaining finalists will receive a $50 gift certificate.
Rules/How to Enter:
Email us a clear, in focus, well-lit photo of a beading project of your own design which fits our theme and uses one or more products which can be found at Beadaholique. Email one photo, at least 500 px in width or height but no bigger than 1600 px wide and 1600 px tall, to email@example.com (do not use this for questions; contact us here) with the following included in your email:
Subject line: Name of Piece tags: march2013 (Example: Spring Explosion Necklace tags:march2013)
Body: Very important! In the body of your email, make sure to include the following:
- full name—required
- email address—required
- country of residence—required
- color(s) referenced in your piece—required Must use one or more colors similar to those in the list below. It does not have to be an exact match. Please see the Pantone Spring 2013 Color Fashion Reportfor color examples.
- Dusk Blue
- Grayed Jade
- Tender Shoots
- Lemon Zest
- African Violet
- Monaco Blue
- Poppy Red
- optional: a brief description of your piece
- Tuesday, April 9 @ 4PM PT: Last day to submit
- Wednesday, April 10: Finalists will be posted on our Facebook and notified via email. Public voting starts.
- Thursday, April 11: Finalists will be featured in the next issue of The Beading Wire sent to the entire Beadaholique email list.
- Wednesday, April 17 @ 4PM PT: Voting ends. Winners will be notified via email within 2 business days and featured in the next issue of The Beading Wire.
Get inspired by some free Beadaholique project tutorials featuring colors similar to those in the Pantone Spring 2013 Fashion Color Report. Find even more projects on the Beadaholique website.
Chartreuse Honeycomb Peyote Bracelet
Noodle Bead Bracelet in Red and Blue
Emerald Spirals Earrings
First Love Earrings
Tuffet Ring – Violet
St. Croix Necklace
Other Rules—Updated 11/2012:
One entry per person. If you send more than one entry, you may be disqualified. If your entry does not meet the “Rules/How to Enter” stated above, you may be disqualified. Winner must respond to our email notification within 2 weeks to claim gift certificate. No one person may win more than once every 12 months (excluding Editor’s Choice). By entering, you retain the rights to your original jewelry design but are giving Beadaholique, Inc. permission to use your submitted photo(s) on our websites, newsletter, Facebook, blog and other properties. For consistency and fairness, watermarks and other text or logos will be edited out of photos. We encourage finalists to promote their business, store or website in the comments for their entry, though please limit it to just one link/promotional comment. The terms and conditions that apply to all Beadaholique contests and giveaways also apply here.
- Send in a large, clear, and well-lit photo.
- Try to use natural light to illuminate your photos.
- Double check to make sure that your full name and email address are included in the body of your email. We continue to receive submissions with no contact information.
Meet the Winners of our Last Contest—January Gems!